QuickBooks is a very advanced and reliable business accounting software but like any other software, it is prone to technical glitches. When the system is affected by any error it may hamper your accounting process. QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816 is one such issue. Here, we are going to discuss the issue and methods to resolve it. For further information, contact on QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-515-5729 to contact our experts who will provide all the information about the error.
How Do QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816 occur?
The possible reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816 are mentioned below:
- When multiple users try to access the company file from a single user mode.
- There is any mismatch between the transaction log file and the company file.
- When you update the transaction file without updating the company file.
- Data in the company file has corrupted and need to restore data from backup.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816?
There are many ways to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816. For any assistance, you can call on Intuit QuickBooks Support +1888-515-5729 to talk with experts. Some of the methods which can resolve the error are listed below:
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The first method to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816 is to use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Follow the below steps to do it:
- Log in to the system as Administrator.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Save the .exe file on your Desktop.
- Runexe file by double-clicking on it and then install it.
- The two options will appear on your computer screen:
- Both file damage and network connectivity
- Network connectivity only.
- Select Both file damage and network connectivity option.
- The tool will now detect any damage our corrupt files related to QuickBooks.
- Now, enter your administrative password.
- The system will then ask you the location of the company file:
- Select Yes ,if you are using the company file on your server
- No, if you are using the company file from Workstation.
- Click on Proceed.
By now the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool must have resolved the issue. If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Method 2: Resolve Mismatch issue.
If there is a mismatch between the transaction file and the company file then you can use this method to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -816. Follow the below steps in order to proceed:
- Open the company file folder.
- Browse for the transaction folder. You will find the company folder and the transaction folder with the same name but with a different extension. Identify both the files.
- Change the company file name by right-clicking on it but do not modify the extension of the file.
- Same way, change the name of the transaction file but do not change the extension of the file.
- Close the QuickBooks and then re-open it to verify if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Fix Multiple User Log in
If multiple users are log in the company file in the single-user mode then you can use this method to fix the issue:
- Make all the users log out of their QuickBooks accounts.
- Next restart all the computers that are on the network.
- Now copy the data file to the desktop of the system.
- Replace to its original location.
- Log-in to the QuickBooks account to verify if the issue is resolved.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 6190,-816?
With the help of the above solution, you can easily fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190,-816. If any technical assistance is required then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-515-5729 where you be assisted by skilled and experienced technicians. Our all advisors are certified and very reliable to provide a quick resolution to QuickBooks issues. You can call us from anywhere any time to our experts for assistance.